Saturday, October 23, 2010

1 week

Jake gets cuter each day, really. Eyes open more, and I think he's filling out a bit more (after losing that first half pound). He also screams like a banshee - mostly at night it seems like. He loves walks in the stroller - quiets him up in an instant. He hates the nurse who takes the bilirubin blood samples, but I hope we're done with that. He's provided practical experience in several surprise ways that a baby can release bodily fluids during a diaper change: the leak; the flow; the fountain. Laurie and I have laughed so hard that the only thing keeping us off the floor was knowing we couldn't leave him naked on the table. But at the moment he's sleeping snugly on the floor next to me, swaddled so that he looks like a little bean (a much bigger version of that first ultrasound, with hair and jungle animal prints).

We can't say as he looks like either of us. In generic respects he looks like both of us, but otherwise he just looks like a cute baby. But I can proudly lay claim to his attention span and sleeping habits. Gobble, gobble, sleep. Gobble, gobble, sleep. Sleep, gobble, sleep. His tendency to leave things laying around (socks, hats, spittles) comes from Laurie, I think. She leaves different things laying around, of course. I think he's learning to make cute noises from the cat, but can't purr yet - actually, I'm not sure the cat has purred since he came home.



I could blather on about him, but what I've mostly learned is that folks really check the blog for the photos. So I've included a few more, and a special feature! The writing is, I suppose, just to entertain myself. I hope you don't mind.













special feature:

1 comment:

  1. Are those bananas?

    LOVE the lobber picture (and the blog entries)! Can't wait to meet him.

    ReplyDelete