Saturday, April 30, 2011

6 months; his nanny

On 17 Apr, Jake hit six months.  October actually seems like a long time ago in most respects.  But many things don't seem as old hat (or rut-like) as I expected at this point.  For instance, changing diapers isn't nearly as bad as I expected, on average.  Maybe that's an emotional defense mechanism, since there's 2-3 more years of it?  Of course, I change a relatively small portion of them.  And giving him the one last bottle most nights hasn't worn thin - he's so darn cozy.  It helps that he goes right back to sleep, too.

He's mostly sleeping through the nights now, with the exception of the 10 pm bottle.  He's usually up between 5:30 and 6, but we can deal with that.  His worst sleeping is during the daytime naps, which he doesn't care for at all.  He'd much rather be playing and socializing.


He's still very happy with his Nanny, Malisha.  Here's finally a picture of the two of them.  He actually smiles more when she shows up than when I do, but I'm okay with that - it builds a lot of trust.

The previous video I posted may have pre- maturely indicated that he's crawling.  I may have even said as much in other forums.  What can I say - I got excited!  He is good at getting up on all four now, and moving all over - but it's more like he's swimming the fly. Which thankfully slows him down a bit.  He's also pretty adept at sitting and playing with toys, though he's a long way from getting up there on his own.  Really, it's amazing how much more interactive he's gotten with toys in the last couple weeks - from chasing them to man-handling them.  I still think it's true that he's past peak cuteness, but he's rounding out by being very funny and interesting (and round)!

I love this shot.  Jake's Papa Lolo takes good care of the local squirrels (especially since raising a brood who's Mom died at the shop).  Here's Papa Lolo intent on Jake; Jake intent on some TV; and one of Papa Lolo's 'other grandchildren' intent on a nut on the porch.

And below, Jake's 6 month lobster shot.  Thanks to his Aunt Jen and Uncle Scott for the get-up!
 
Finally, don't forget the good times with Nana Mimi on the Cape!  I've realized there are way more pictures I'd like to share this time than I should post in a blog.  So I've posted more photos on Picasa - check them out at https://picasaweb.google.com/gtibboel/TheBoy?authkey=Gv1sRgCICX5seo8qDFlAE#!

No comments:

Post a Comment